- You will need a PC or laptop
- A good quality microphone
- Learn everything including how to install
- Create audio and then edit
- Remove noise from your tracks
- Narrate books or videos
- Anyone wanting to create or edit audio
Learn Audacity software in under one hour.
Audacity is an easy-to-use audio recording and editing tool. It’s a free and open-source digital audio application software that you can manage using a graphical interface. There are versions available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems.
- Over eight lectures and 2 hours of content!
- Learn to install and configure Audacity.
- Create audio projects to export for your podcasts or videos.
- Add effects to your audio and remove noise.
- Use advanced tools to create professional-sounding audio tracks.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 33
- Assessments Yes
None at all. We even show you how to install the software.
No. Your webcam or headset will do to start but for professional-sounding audio you may want to invest in a good-quality microphone.
Unless you have a sound studio at home, your audio will have background noise such as computer fans or even your breathing into the mic. With Audacity you can remove this noise.
You can, however, for the best quality audio, you should really use software designed for that specific task. We record videos and then use Audacity to create the voice tracks.
Audacity is perfect for both of these jobs. You can, in fact, create audio 'chapters' in an entire audiobook.