- You need access to a PC or laptop
- You will need to use a WordPress hosting company for your website
- The course is free but your hosting company will charge you for your server
- Walk through videos explaining all topics
- Learn how to install WordPress on your hosting account
- Configure common plugins
- Create a blog and pages
- Back up and restore your website when you need
- Add your own design for your website
- Beginners who want to learn about WordPress
- Small business owners who want a website
- People who want to manage their own website
- Anybody who wants to start a blog
Install and Configure a WordPress Website with this Free WordPress Tutorial
- Over 37 lectures and 55.5 hours of content
- Suitable for complete beginners
- Learn about the WordPress Content Management System
- Install WordPress onto a hosting account
- Learn how to configure file access and site security certificates
- Configure caching to speed up your website
- Configure email accounts for you and your team
- Change your website design
- Add plugins to enhance your website
Important note – there are many hosting companies out there, but after many years of trial and error and expensive mistakes, we finally settled on SiteGround. This course shows you how to install WordPress onto a SiteGround account, so if you choose another hosting company, the initial steps will differ.
- Lectures 39
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 147
- Assessments Yes
We presume no knowledge at all and walk you through everything.
You will need a hosting account to install WordPress onto and we recommend SiteGround.
You will be able to create and edit your own websites using WordPress saving your time and money.
You will also be able to configure features such as email and security.
This is a non-technical course so you will have no coding skills upon completion.
You will be able to install WordPress and upload site designs but you may find that any customization will require some coding skills.
This is 100% free. You do need to join the website to get access but there will be no charge or payment details required.
We can't really help you install WordPress on your own hosting account. Your host may help you or you will find a reasonably priced developer on Upwork.