While it’s been around for several years, Snapchat is now growing as an intensely powerful marketing platform. This is allowing businesses to reach countless incredibly highly-targeted and engaged audiences. However, to get started with advertising on Snapchat, you first need to set up a Snapchat Ads Manager account, as well as understand the process of creating and then publishing ads.
That might sound intimidating, but we’re going to walk you through it in a simple, step-by-step guide. After that, we’ll go over creating ads, and even incorporating some of the other useful features that are available on the platform.
How To Setup Snapchat Ads Manager Account?
First, to begin using both the Snapchat Business Manager and Snapchat Ads Manager, you’ll need to set up your account. Here are the steps to do that:
- Navigate to the Snapchat For Business site, then locate and click the “Get Started” button.
- If you already have a Snapchat account, all you’ll need to do is log in with your existing credentials. If not, you can create a new Snapchat account by just signing up with your email address and date of birth, then creating a password.
- Once you’ve created your Snapchat account, log in and choose “Create Business Account”.
- Fill out your business details, including business name, address, phone number, and payment information.
- Once the registration process is done, you’ll be able to access the Snapchat Ads Manager dashboard.
At this point, you’re ready to start creating ads and marketing your brand on Snapchat, so let’s get right into that.
Steps to Create Ads on Snapchat
Creating ads might sound like a complicated task, but it’s simpler than you might think. Here’s how you create Snapchat business ads:
- Log in to Snapchat Ads Manager using your brand’s account, or the business account you set up earlier.
- Click on the button that says “Create Ads”, located in your dashboard.
- Now you’ll need to determine your overall advertising objective. You’ll be able to choose from options such as consideration, conversion, and awareness.
- Next, define your target audience by choosing demographic options, interests, and consumer behaviors.
- Your budget will now need to be defined, and you’ll need to decide on some scheduling specifics for the campaign as well.
- Create the creative for the ad by uploading various images, and videos, or by leveraging one of the many templates that are pre-created.
- Time to create your captivating headline and your irresistible call-to-action button.
- The final step is to review your ad, decide if you’re satisfied, and click “Publish” to seal the deal.
You’ve just published your first ad on Snapchat. Don’t stop here; draft more ads to target different demographics, and start monitoring your analytics while checking out some of these other tools.
Other Useful Features of Snapchat Ads Manager Account
In addition to ad capability, Snapchat Ads Manager offers a variety of useful features and tools to help you refine and optimize your campaigns.
A Public Profile on Snapchat lets you showcase your brand’s unique personality while you interact with users. You can do things like display custom filters, lenses, and Story content, which all help boost engagement. To create one, head to your Snapchat Ads Manager and hit the “Public Profiles” tab, and just follow the instructions.
Split testing, also known as A/B testing, lets you publish two versions of an ad and compare the performance variations across a uniform target audience. This helps you drill down to find the most effective creatives, targeting options, and overall campaign strategies. You can try one by clicking the “Create Test” button during the ad creation process.
Advance Audience Targeting
Snapchat Ads Manager also offers some fairly advanced targeting features, helping you to clearly define and refine your audience as much as you’d like. You can create completely custom audiences based on things like website visits, app activity, and even lookalikes. This helps you reach the highest number of relevant users, maximizing the chance for successful conversions.
Snap Pixel is a unique tracking code that you can add to your brand’s website to help measure the effectiveness of your Snapchat ads. This tool gives you priceless insights into your conversions, customer behaviors, and overall ad performance. If you head to the “Pixels” tab in your dashboard you can find yours.
An incredibly powerful tool available is the Snapchat Creator Marketplace, where influencers, content creators, and influencers are all connected. By collaborating with other creators, you can amplify your brand’s message, and develop more authentic and engaging content to bring visibility to your brand. Find it in the “Partners” tab in your dashboard.
The analytics under the dashboard tab of the same name lets you monitor the KPIs of your various ads, such as impressions, clicks, conversions, and more. These insights help you make more data-driven decisions for your brand.
The huge array of templates that you can find under the “Creative Library” tab can save your marketing team hundreds of hours in development time. Countless themes and formats make this one of the most useful features of the Snapchat Ads Manager.
Similar to your analytics, audience insights give you insight into your audience’s behaviors, interests, and general demographic information. This helps you create more specifically-targeted ads. Find it under the “Audience Insights” tab on your dashboard.
How To Create Your Own Filters on Snapchat
One of the many things that have helped Snapchat to create its own unique experience is the use of filters. Filters are a quintessential part of the Snapchat ecosystem, and if your brand is entering the marketing space, one of the best places to get your brand in front of your audience’s eyes is to make a branded Snapchat filter.
To start creating your brand’s own Snapchat filter, you’ll need to:
- Log into your Snapchat Ads Manager account, and click on the “Creative Library” tab in the dashboard.
- Then, select “Filters” from the Creative Library options.
- You’ll see a wide range of templates to use, or you can upload your own design. Submissions must be 1080 pixels wide, and 2340 pixels tall, be under 300KB, and be in *.PNG format. There are additional guidelines for buffer zones and text elements on the website, so be sure to read all of the stipulations before starting on designs.
- Once you select your template, you’ll be able to add text into specific areas, as well as additional images or brand logos.
- After creating the content of the filter, you’ll need to specify some additional details, like the duration of the filter, and the location in which you want the filter to be available.
- All filters must be approved before deployment, so the final step is to submit your filter and wait for the approval. Once the filter has been approved it will be available to users in the location you specified in the previous step.
As you venture into the world of Snapchat advertising, it’s critical to remember the wide range of robust features that are meant to be leveraged on the Snapchat Ads Manager platform. From setting up your initial account to developing highly targeted ad campaigns, building custom filters, and even performing A/B testing and doing deep data analysis, there is a wealth of resources available to help you not only reach your audience but to engage with them and drive traffic to your other sites.
By keeping your campaigns optimized, monitoring your analytics, and staying in touch with what your audience likes, your brand will be incredibly well-positioned to not only survive but thrive, in the dynamic and influential Snapchat ecosystem. Leverage the power of this massive and versatile platform, and watch your brand’s impact grow daily.