I sometimes catch myself complaining or feeling sorry for myself and then I remember that I’m not terminally ill and neither are my kids.
Life is difficult and the more stuff you try and experiences you have, the more crap you will have to deal with. Let’s take a step back and for a few moment look away from Facebook, put your phone down and have a think. You can go back into the Matrix after you are done if you wish.
We all create our lives but most of us act like a victim. As if somebody forced us into a crappy job, debt, a miserable marriage or whatever. Now, if you are getting angry already then this especially applies to you so as they say in America, don’t get ‘butt hurt’ and read on.
Honestly answer these questions.
1. Do I wake up looking forward to the day?
2. Am I happy with my health and appearance?
3. Am I happy with my financial situation?
4. Am I happy with my relationships?
5. Do I find my work fulfilling and rewarding?
They are five simple questions but the answers will tell you a heck of a lot. You see, most people spend more time planning what they are going to watch on TV than they do planning their life.
Who is responsible for the five above aspects of your life?
Simple question with a simple answer. Or so you would think. I run a few training websites and the quit rate is over 60%. That isn’t depressing though, what is depressing is when I hear the below:
- I’m just so busy
- I’ve got kids
- My boss is overworking me
- I can’t
- I’m not that sort of person
- I don’t know how
- My wife/partner doesn’t want me to study
I actually find it a little bit pathetic when a grown adult tells me they can’t move forward in their life because of somebody else. As you have gathered, I’m not the most sympathetic of people. This is due in part to the fact that I’ve had to overcome illness, bankruptcy, redundancy, divorce, shift work and bringing up three young children while building my web based businesses in little pockets of spare time. Many of my most successful students also happen to be the busiest or ones who have had to overcome huge challenges.
So what does it all come down to? This is absolutely massive.
- Taking responsibility for your life situation so far
- Working out what you want your life to look like and be like
- Writing out a plan to get you there or at least closer to where you want it to be
- Taking action TODAY
I hope this helps.