Justin Brookes – Facebook Workflow Masterclass
I’ve been following Justin Brooke on Facebook for several months now. Justin is the creator if IMScalable which is a company who take care of your online ads (if you have the money).
Justin regularly serves up interesting and relevant online marketing tips mainly about Facebook marketing, usually under his Facebook page of The Traffic Strategist. He has several offerings including an inner circle club which is currently over $8000 per year so out of the reach of most small business owners.
Justin put up an offer for his Facebook Workflow Masterclass which was usually $197 but you could name your own price, so I did. The course is aimed at anyone looking to grow their Facebook fan page with Facebook ads or bring traffic straight to their website.
I’ll get to the good parts shortly but a few of my niggles first.
1. The audio quality is terrible in places. It actually became quite infuriating on one presentation by one of his assistants. Loud hissing and general room noise. I know it isn’t a premium product but at the $197 price point I would really expect this to have been taken care of. There is a loud bang at one point which will make your ears rattle if you have headphones on. I presume Justin hit the mike with his hand at that point. Ouch! In later videos you can hear a phone ringing and a jingle when a text message arrives.
2. Many terms such as ROI, CPA and CPC are mentioned at the start but not really explained until later if at all. If you don’t know what any of this means then you will need to do some extra research. Same for the concept of customer avatar. I only know about this because I dropped $2k for Jeff Walkers Product Launch Formula. It’s a vital part of the entire course but only briefly explained but I would really have liked to see at least one or two slides on it or told where to look for more info.
3. From the first presentation you are told you will need to use several other tools to check out what your competitors are doing as well as track your campaigns outside of Facebook. These tools run into several hundred dollars. I run my own online business so I could invest in these tools but I felt a little bit annoyed that this wasn’t explained up front before buying the course. When I sell my IT training course I explain to the students I’ll give them everything they need in the book or website but if will need to get additional software from Microsoft for example I explain this in advance.
4. You are told to post any questions or comments below one video but there is no such facility on the page. Same for downloading a Headline Swipe File which isn’t there.
5. Much of the content presumes you know your way around the ad process already. I’ve actually been using FB ads for some time now but when Justin mentions Brand Builder Ads for example, I’ve no clue what these are and I can’t find them on FB or even after a Google search.
6. The picture quality during the lectures is great but when we go to the part where we see ads created on Facebook ads manager the resolution drops significantly making it difficult to see what is being typed. I actually had a headache by the end due to trying to focus in on text which you can’t see very well. Here is what I mean:
These are the negatives but the course is actually very good. Justins teaching style is very personable and he’s clearly spent a lot of time working in the online ads industry so his experience comes through.
The course covers a fairly broad range of subjects including:
1. Market research
2. How to use a tracking pixel and split test
3. Creating powerful Ad copy and images
4. Creating campaigns
5. Facebook reporting tools
At 4 hours 30 you have to judge for yourself if it’s good value for money. It depends on what you paid for the course and how much value you get out of the information. Retargetting is mentioned at some length however how to create a retargetting ad isn’t covered.
I got a lot of great information from the course and saw a few things missing from my websites in the process. I’d recommend it but would really like a few of the quality issues sorted out.
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Download Your Free E-book Now”]
Justin Brookes - Facebook Workflow Masterclass
Value For Money - 75%
Quality Of Course - 61%
Practical Use - 83%
A very useful course for anyone wanting to understand the Facebook ads process.
Thanks for buying and reviewing our product. My team and I will use this as a checklist of things to fix.
I’d consider this a pretty good review for a beta release though. Only some minor cosmetic issues. It’s the content that is most important to us and it seems you found it quite valuable.
To anyone reading this I would like to add that Facebook Workflow Masterclass isn’t for newbies. None of our offers/services are targeted to Internet marketing newbies or the average small business owner.
We provide services for established companies and training for other agency owners.
I’ll make sure to include that on the salesletter, when we officially release the course.
Let me know if there are any changes and I’ll adjust the review. The internet needs more superheros like you.
This review gives me great inspiration for when I “get there”, but what do you recommend for newbies?
What did you name your price at and how much more did you have to invest?
I put $97.
My free e-book you get on the site.
Do you know a good Facebook marketing tool that is not paid or that does not cost too much?
After I have read this article and then the comments by the author of this project, I decided to participate in his master class.
As a small business owner, I hope that it will help increase my businesses. Thank you for this review, it was really informative and helpful.
The price for this Masterclass is really affordable! I will certainly give a chance to this, there’s no harm in trying right?
Creating good campaigns is a big problem for my business. Now, after reading this article, I might have found a good address for solving my problem. We’ll see…
So, after the Masterclass, I decided to start a Facebook campaign. It is pretty much a basic one, with just one dollar a day, but I see some results and I’m satisfied so far.
@sarahvonb:disqus Thanks! I’m glad to see feedback from people here..
@Paul: Maybe it would be a good idea to find classes for other social networks? Does it exist anyway?
I haven’t heard about Justin Brookes, but I think worth trying based on the comments by other buyers here.