I’m taking all of December off this year, as I’ve done for a few years in fact. I also got to take all of March off in 2008 when I got married but when I got home I was richer than when I’d left.
Here’s how in a nutshell.
- Step 1 – list all your hobbies, exams passed, achievements and problems overcome. Also list your skills
- Step 2 – with all the lists come up with about five of your favourites (stuff you LOVE to do)
- Step 3 – work out how you can apply these to make life easier for others in the same situation
- Step 4 – develop a clear message of how this helps others, write why you are an authority on it
- Step 5 – write an e-book or film some videos (Camtasia) showing others how they can do it
- Step 6 – get a free Paypal account so you can charge for your book or videos
- Step 7 – use Weebly or WordPress to create a website (no technical knowledge required)
- Step 8 – shout about your site on Facebook, forums, Twitter and consider Google Adwords
- Step 9 – get testimonials from people who have used your product and loved it
Of course there are lots of other steps and stuff you need to know but if you start taking action and develop some ideas and products you will be well ahead of the game. If you set up five but only two start paying you could be covering your mortgage in no time at all.
Oh, I almost forgot. Watching TV will cripple your ability to achieve the above because you will be robbed of your free time. Watch X-Factor on DVD whilst sipping hot chocolate when you are rich and everyone else is?trudging?to work in the snow.
See you in Starbucks.