Don’t yawn (yet) but do you set goals?
- If you do, do you write them down?
- Do you write a plan to achieve them?
- Do you set milestones and ‘next actions’?
- Do you have daily steps to take towards them?
I do all of this but if finally struck me today that I was missing one very important step. This step is the magic ingredient. It actually comes from a superb book from Brian Tracey called ‘Eat that Frog.’ From this book, I learned to work on the hardest or most unpleasant goal first. The secondmost second and so on and so forth.
Write your goals out in order with #1 being the most important one. The one which, when achieved will change everything. For me it is a weight goal. I’ve been playing with it for over a year now and it is really bugging me. I’m fitting in my training around everything else. Just for a short while I’m really going to change things up and make my training goal my number 1 priority.
Sure, I still have other important goals as well as a business to run and family to see but when it is time to prioritise my day, my training and nutrition will come first. It will only really be an hour per day. I just know that once I’m on track it will become effortless. Just like writing for four hours plus per day has become.
Here is my new goal order.
- Training and nutrition to hit 175lbs
- Finish my Udemy Camtasia training product
- Rlease and promote my next three books on Kindle
- Write the next two books on my list
- Grow this site